The Washington Renaissance
Arts & Education Society
Volunteer Information & Agreement
by signing below agree to the following:
A. Rules and Guidelines. Acceptance of a volunteer position constitutes agreement to comply with all rules, guidelines, state and local laws as well as all policies as stated in the site rules for the Washington Renaissance Arts and Education Society, including but not limited to the Anti-Harassment Policy:
B. Camping. Modern camping space will be provided for volunteers who wish to stay on-site during the weekend(s). This area will have water and a trash dumpster for your use. Please remove all belongings (including trash) at the end of the Faire. This area is not accessible to any who are not participants of the event, including family members.
C. Medical. WRAES is able to provide emergency care to all volunteers as needed and without consent, if a volunteer is unable to consent at the time such care is needed. WRAES is not responsible for any expenses related to emergency services or care provided.
D. Expectations. Volunteers shall perform duties as scheduled at times and locations assigned. Events take place rain or shine. Volunteers are subject to costuming and conduct guidelines as designated by the WRAES.
1. Volunteers agree to the following conduct guidelines:
- Display control, respect, and professionalism in all activities on the WMRF and/or ORF site
- Refrain from any behavior, communication, or activity which may impair positive public perception of WRAES, its productions, and its cast/crew/staff/merchants/volunteers.
- Use good judgment and demonstrate respect to others and the WRAES organization as a whole, as it pertains to any/all postings/comments on both personal and WRAES social media sites and public platforms both written and digital.
E. Photo/Video/Audio Release. Acceptance of a volunteer position gives consent that all photographs/video/audio taken during the event are property of the photographer(s) and may be used by the WRAES in advertising, publications, promotional email campaigns, websites, and other materials or media for current or future events. In giving this consent, WRAES and the photographer(s) associated with the event are released from responsibility for any violation of personal or proprietary rights the performer may have, and does not imply further compensation.
F. Volunteer Dress Code.
1. Staff Shirt, if needed for position, will be provided by WRAES. Personal clothing will be clean and in good repair. Shorts, if worn, will be mid-thigh length. Shoes will be closed-toe. Flip Flops and sandals are not allowed while volunteer work is being done.
2. Costuming, if required, for position will be supplied by Volunteer and be in accordance with posted costume guidelines.
3. Safety equipment, if needed, will be provided by WRAES. This includes, but is not limited to: Safety harness, masks, gloves, safety goggles.
G. Minor Volunteers.
1. Minors will be accompanied by an adult (18+) at all times while volunteering for WRAES.
2. Parent/Guardian will sign agreement for said minor.
H. Perks for Volunteers.
1. Water provided while on site and volunteering.
2. Food/Snacks when available. Special Diets can not be accommodated.
3. Cast & Crew Party at the end of the season.
4. Sign off for Community Service Hours if needed.
5. New friends for a lifetime
6. Experience assisting to produce a large event (looks great on the resume!)
Hold Harmless Agreement
The undersigned hereby agrees to hold harmless, the Washington Midsummer Renaissance Faire, the Washington Renaissance Arts & Education Society, David Remlinger, Sky Meadows Park or any staff thereof, or any person involved with the Washington Midsummer Renaissance Faire on August 5-6, 12-13, 19-20, 2023 at 18601 Sky Meadows Lane, Snohomish, WA 98290 for any or all damages to persons and property resulting from acts of God, theft, vandalism, injury or medical emergency.
The undersigned hereby agrees to hold harmless, the Oregon Renaissance Faire, the Washington Renaissance Arts & Education Society, The Clackamas County Fairgrounds and Event Center, or any staff thereof, or any person involved with the Oregon Renaissance Faire on June 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, 2023 at The Clackamas County Fairgrounds and Event Center, Canby OR for any or all damages to persons and property resulting from acts of God, theft, vandalism, injury or medical emergency.
Hold Harmless also includes set up and tear down of events: ORF - May 28, 2023 - June 22, 2023, WMRF July 23, 2023- August 31, 2023, or any other time while on event sites.
Further: the above-mentioned persons, group, or organization, shall be held harmless from any cause or action, claim or petition, filed in any court or administrative tribunal, arising out of said event, including all costs, attorney’s fees, judgments or awards.